Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I got Pierced

Tonight, for the first time since my freshman year, I ate in the Pierce dining hall. It seemed so different and yet so the same. The food looks a bit more limp than in Bartlett, but has the advantage of being less ambitious. Pseudo-gourmet tends to be a mistake in cafeterias, and Bartlett, home of the many-topping pasta, the ironically homey diner station, and various vegan horrors, is undeniably an ambitious enterprise.

In other culinary news, today in Hebrew class we learned about gefilte fish, or at least the two people in the class who hadn't already encountered it got an in-depth explanation. Only one girl in the class admitted to actually liking the stuff from the jar, and I really felt for her, since it reminded me of when I was the only person in a French class two years ago who confessed to not being fully against the Iraq war. It's hard to voice a minority opinion in the classroom, but somebody's got to do it.

No comments: