Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Overnight Happenings

The following happened to me since my last post:

Someone asked me why I'm still using the Reg now that I've graduated. Please stop doing that. It's the alumni's library, too. And, I like books.

I took a nasty spill on the steps up to the Brown Line. Ouch.

A car hit the large median on North Avenue and completely overturned on the road. It was cleaned up--street sweeper and all--within, I'd say, 45 minutes.

The registers at Starbucks went down and I was given a Venti Chai on the honor system. I paid them back.

The pastry/sandwich fridge at Starbucks started emanating some horrible "I'm burning" smell. A police car and two large fire trucks full of not-so-hot firemen showed up. Lots of people in big uniforms stood around for about half an hour. No customer was asked to leave.

The lady handing out the Red Eye at entrance to the Brown Line just REFUSED to hand me one. Not that I read Red Eye for the lovely news coverage; it just feeds my crossword addiction.

While rushing to catch the 55 bus at the Dan Ryan overpass, I (again) tripped, this time on some ice, and fell flat on the concrete. The spill ruined one of my better pairs of jeans and soiled my coat to the point of needing dry cleaning.

Oh yeah, and it wasn't an especially productive trip, either.

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to drown my sorrows in a before-bed viewing of Clue.

No comments: