Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Singing the praises of...

The 24-hour Starbucks on North and Wells - Where I am heading after this, and, without which, I would be Venti Chai Latte-less from 10 PM until 5:30 AM. Sure, it's kinda far, and kinda busy, and there's lots of weirdos there after, say, 3 AM, but it's a great place for a writer who's a bit behind on his deadlines to do a bit of catching up.

Andrew Sullivan - He's a prominant gay republican, and a sorely-needed moderate voice. And he's actually willing to think about issues. So rare these days.

Andrew Sullivan taking a break - Clearly the man needs some time to get over his political disenfranchisement. When you come back, apologize for liking that the Defense of Marriage Act was upheld, and all will be well again.

Christie Todd Whitman - Her new book, It's My Party, Too may become my new bible. Eagerly awaiting its release.

Moon boots - I must admit I was skeptical at first, but they really are quite something.

Snow - I love snow, because I'm from a non-snowy place. But you can also kick snow. It's a great way to vent frustration, without hurting oneself. A+.

Rufus Wainwright, Peter Sarsgaard, and Matt Damon - Um, Pheobe, you wanna take this one?

February - Who doesn't like the month that laughs at Phonics? There's cold weather, "you don't have a boyfriend" awareness day, the State of the Union, that discount on your rent because the month is that much shorter (oh, wait...), and, for me, book deadlines. Hmm. Best of all: It's over soon.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

I saw Whitman's book in Borders yesterday. When it comes out in paperback, I'm picking it up.

Anonymous said...

If you haven't already done so, check out NY Times online for Opinion column re: Whitman's book. According to the writer she pulls her punches when it comes to really naming the people (like Cheney and Rove) who did her in. --JM