Friday, February 25, 2005

Mixing business and pleasure

Just got back from the Pub, where I successfully surveyed some U of Cers for an article I'm writing for the alumni magazine. I also made the (re-) discovery that $2.50 wine tastes like just that. And this weekend, I'm going to write my B.A. paper. Yes, all of it. Yes, in French. No, there is not that much coffee in all of the world, or at least in all of Bonjour Bakery, where I plan on having my pre-B.A.-writing coffee and pain au chocolat. Given that this alleged "B.A." will have a French-Jewish kinda focus, perhaps I will have to find time to go to Fox and Obel for authentic (dare I say echt?) bagels as an antidote (cultural, not dietary) to the pain au chocolat. At this rate, I don't see any paper-writing happening, so unless I master the fine art of having coffee, watching other people drinking their coffee, and writing in a foreign language, all at the same time, I'm thinking I'll be at the Reg, kmoh d'habitude. And yes, that was a sleepy bit of Frebrew/Hrench, which suggests it's time to go to sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your B.A. paper. Could it be that U of C decided to eliminate some distractions for you by shutting down the e-mail system? Regarding, your pre-writing pastry, have you ever tried chocolate chip bagels? They don't appeal to me, but could be a French-Hebrew hybrid of sorts. Bye, JM

Nick said...

I second that. Chocolate chip bagels are indeed an excellent creation.