Sunday, February 20, 2005

My Saturday

It began with oatmeal. It also included: the shocking event that was Kate and me, like, exercising; a dab of Hebrew homework (I can finally say "cheese" in Hebrew! Though I would still pick a fromage over a gvinah any day...); a failed attempt at dinner without a reservation at Adobo Grill; a semi-successful* attempt at dinner at the Old Town branch of Kamehachi; a fully successful late-evening trip to Whole Foods**; and a party in the apartment that was apparently where none other than Will Baude lived last year (one roommate from the previous year still lives there).

*Why only semi-successful? When at a more conventional/generic/Western restaurant, if the place isn't that busy and the food isn't arriving, you can always assume things are slow in the kitchen. At a not-so-busy sushi place, when you see that your table's dishes are ready, and see them sitting at the sushi bar for a really, really long time, what's the protocol? Is it OK to just go up and get them? I didn't, but I'm thinking that might have been the way to go.

**Where I purchased some fab camembert. Since I do not have a Great Pyrennees, the cheese is all mine.

No comments: