Saturday, October 30, 2004

Shabbat Shalom

(Yes, a two-part, Jewish-themed post, on Shabbat. I know, I know...)

Adam Weissman has a response to my latest Maroon article on the Duke anti-Semite, but Friday's issue isn't online yet, so you'll all just have to live in suspense, that is, unless you're in Hyde Park and can get a paper copy. I'm always a bit pleasantly surprised to see that people actually read the Maroon and my column in it. I'll be able to discuss the substance of both of our arguments a bit better when things go online...

In other news, this Ariel Beery, whose blog Molly found, sure sounds impressive. Not only is he a Stuyvie, but he's served in the IDF and now goes to Columbia, where he co-founded something called a Creative Zionist Circle. Not only that, but he links to Dissent magazine on his blog. It's always nice to see people do something with a Stuyvesant education other than reach new heights in Magic card playing or calculator-game programming.

No comments: