Sunday, October 10, 2004

How to braise an endive in 0.01 seconds

Over at Crescat, someone named (hopefully psuedo-named) "Waddling Thunder" has provided a list of what he plans on eating this week. There will be: coq au vin, two variations of risotto, and, somewhere along the line, an endive will be braised. Following Mr. Thunder's* lead, I will provide a "What I'm Eating This Week" of my own. Here goes:

Lucky Charms, Bartlett Dining Hall (is it Dining Commons? oh well), 3/5 or 4/5 days this week, breakfast or lunch.

Pizza (assuming American cheese is not being used as a topping), Bartlett, 3/5 or 4/5 days this week, dinner.

I have also discovered a very fine vintage of a cola-flavored beverage that has been sweetened, I believe, artificially. I will wash down the aforementioned items with that substance. Chilled, bien sur.

Additionally, over on Crescat, Mr. Thunder notes, "I've had a lot of back and forth with people about cooking while busy, and I notice that I haven't always done a good job explaining exactly how I cook given my relatively limited time." Everything's relative, I guess, but I get antsy taking the time out necessary to cook pasta (and yet find numerous other, non-culinary, ways to waste time--see http://whatwouldphoebedo.blogspot.com). I don't entirely understand how the coq will get cooked in vin, the risotto soaked in some other vin, and the endive braised, all in under, say, 48 hours total, but this Thunder fellow clearly knows a thing or two that I don't about such matters.

*Waddling is male, right? I'm assuming he is, for the purposes of this post.

2 comments:

Raffi said...

I'm definitely male, last time I checked ;)

Phoebe Maltz Bovy said...

The "R" doesn't link to any blogger profile.

Do you really waddle? Cool.