Monday, October 11, 2004

What I Did on My Winter Vacation

I just got an online subscription to the New York Sun because I need to read articles like this (not linked 'cause you have to log in):

Isabella Rossellini has already planned a winter getaway - she will travel through the Chilean fjords with her daughter Elettra and son Roberto. "This is my first cruise," she told the New York Sun. "We'll spend Christmas in Patagonia, and New Year's Eve in Valparaiso," she added.

The Rossellini family needn't pack a camera: The Italian photographer Fabrizio Ferri, who often shoots for Vogue and Vanity Fair, will document the trip. Mr. Ferri's ballerina wife, Alessandra, and daughters Emma and Matilde will accompany him. The photographs of the Rossellinis will likely appear in the new advertising campaign for the Silversea cruise line, which features small, luxury ships. Ms. Rossellini announced her new gig as the Italian company's first "ambassador" on Friday, aboard the Silver Whisper, docked on the West Side.

"When I think of Italians and ships, I think of immigration. I think of my mother coming to America," she told guests in the boat's Show Lounge, including Shirley Lord and A.M. Rosenthal, Francine LeFrak and Rick Friedberg, Georgette Mosbacher, Gayfryd Steinberg, and Gay and Nan Talese (Mr.Talese, the author of many books, said, "I've always managed to work well on ships.")

The party continued with drinks by the pool, followed by a lunch of risotto and honey-roasted veal tenderloin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well worth the price of admission.