Saturday, May 21, 2005

No serious blogging, it's a beautiful day: What am I going to wear?

I'm about to go to a barbeque, which means a change of clothes is in order. While at the apartment where the barbeque is being held earlier this afternoon, I was forced to try on both a Betsey Johnson dress and a Chicago basketball jersey, since my jeans-and-turtleneck ensemble was deemed unacceptable. Neither of these were doing it for me, so I decided to go home and change. What would be perfect are these dark khaki bermuda shorts from the Gap, which I almost bought but which Kate said make me look like a boy. I ended up buying this skirt, which seems a bit too hippie-dippy to eat a hamburger in, but I'm all for challenging the accepted order of things, and perhaps paired with cowboy boots, the look will be more Texas than (the former) Upper West Side.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope there weren't any condimentary mishaps.

agm

Phoebe Maltz Bovy said...

Petit Bateau over Gap, but it's way too expensive in the US.

There were condimentary mishaps, but it's been taken care of.

Anonymous said...

So when's the hat coming off?