Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Items as unrelated as the ingredients in a Chicago pasta dish

I am now officially famously jobless. I should note that I do have a student job (internship, even) at the moment, so I am not actually out of work, but I am indeed looking for work next year. Whether the widespread knowledge of this fact will in any way lead to me finding a job has yet to be determined. Stay tuned...

...But, to live in the moment for a bit, here's my latest Maroon column. As may well have been the case with the headlines I wrote as Viewpoints editor, the one written for mine somewhat contradicts the article itself, but no hard feelings, I promise. It's about UChicago and Harvard...

...Also, it should be noted that Chicago food continues to get more and more narsty. While the occasional surprise ingredient in Medici pizza is a thing of the past, present, and future, it seems that now even the more upscale establishments in the city are going for radical fusion cuisine. Chicagoans are paying a lot to see ingredients that don't go together, don't look attractive together, but simply shock the diner by their juxtaposition. Seriously, my fellow Chicago-dwellers, such fun can be had in the UChicago dining halls as well. The American cheese pizza I've mentioned before on this blog has the capacity to unnerve and overwhelm. While Chicago may have some things over Harvard, Yale's most certainly got what we have not...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatcha lookin' for jobwise? You should construct a description for your dream job or field, and put it up on your blog. You never know what kind of blogfairy godmother (or godfather) might have the connections you need...

Joe said...

I'm jobless too, Pheebs. If you want, I'll start working on the script for our two-person show. It's called "O, Phoebe, O Phoebe, O." It's a musical set in 1920's Paris. I play a lovable but retarded chimney sweep. You play yourself, though you may need to get implants. Just giving you the heads up.