Friday, May 06, 2005

Bad timing

For the first 19 years of my life, I ate breakfast every morning. For the first 18, I lived at home, and the 19th I lived directly above the Pierce dining hall, in all its glory. But since then, the challenge of finding time for a morning meal (or of remembering to have both cereal and milk at the ready, which is more challenging than one might imagine) often proves too great, leading to my bringing a muffin, bagel, or other compact carbohydrate-heavy item, to morning classes. This would all be well and good, but the problem is, I seem to have a knack for bringing food to Hebrew class on days when we're about to watch a Holocaust-related or similarly depressing movie. While on "Seinfeld" Jerry was content to make out with his date during Schindler's List, he did not have a class full of his peers, one professor, and one TA watching him, just Newman, whom Jerry didn't even know was there in the first place. I mean, I could look at it as, I'm just celebrating life, eating a muffin and drinking an iced coffee (and the Smart Cafe iced coffee was especially tasty this morning), but somehow it just doesn't quite make sense.

No comments: