Thursday, June 02, 2005

"Vocab for Final"

So I made it to the library, after several hours of contemplation and indecision, only to have a message on my phone about a "free beer for seniors" party right outside of the library that I'd somehow missed on my way here. Then two friends who'd already had some of this free beer came upstairs, found me in my usual spot, and told me that they were giving free beer--"good beer"--to seniors right downstairs on the quads. After some more contemplation and indecision I went downstairs, but only to the lobby of the library, where I chatted with a "friend of WWPD" (using Will Baude's definition of a "friend of Crescat" as often being someone who reads the blog and is his friend in real life but does not have a blog of his/her own) on the phone, then finally made it back upstairs, fully sober, and with a notebook open to a page I've called, creatively, "Vocab for Final."

No comments: