Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Life, liberty, and non-stop reality TV for all...

Of all the things I'm looking forward to about November 3, the end of P. Diddy's Vote of Die campaign has to be on the top of my list.

P. Diddy's campaign was no more than another one of those advertising campaigns like yellow nike wristbands and got milk? that operate under the premise of "hey, that huge coperation wants to do the 'good' thing!" when in fact they are just selling more sneakers, dairy products, and bad music than ever (also, I guess, boring candidates, since P. Diddy's Citizens of Change campaign was not non partisan). I generally don't mind brilliant marketing campaigns but it bothers me when P. Diddy would interrupt my Real World/Road Rules Battles of The Sexes 2 reruns to bring me "a very special message" from a very fake looking oval office set. Today, New Yorkers of all stripes, MTV viewers and non-MTV viewers are getting a taste of the P.Diddy "Vote and Be Obnoxious About It" campaign as he and his entrouge clog an already crowded New York polling station.

No comments: