Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Meh (or, Finding myself, Part III)

Despite a full awareness that my true self is still floating around beyond my reach, I am putting a temporary stop on all the political confusion. More pressing goals include finishing a paper, starting work on another, and, if I'm really decadent, getting a haircut before the new semester starts. I've gone this route before (the cut, not the Scientology), and it looked acceptable. But it would mean giving up on the growing-out-my-hair project, which is really just being too much of a grad student to get a haircut for several months. But "growing it out" sounds so much more glamorous.

1 comment:

Withywindle said...

Become a Renaissance woman. Stop looking for a true self; start finding appropriate masks for different situations.