Sunday, December 11, 2005

Sun rise, sun set

How exactly am I supposed to go running if it is now 4:36 and dark out? By the time I would reach Prospect Park, it would be prime say-goodbye-to-your-iPod (or worse) time. I suppose I could run around the neighborhood, never entering the park, but I could also remain on the couch...

How exactly is it determined that a crucifix chastity ring should cost $155.22? What happens if you go to 47th Street looking for one of those? Now that would be a better field trip/better reason to get off the couch.

Sam had an idea for a t-shirt: "I'm shomer negiah, beeatch," which, while perhaps seen as making light of religion, has some fantastic internal rhyming, and is quite useful, in that this belief system cannot necessarily be determined by whether or not an individual is dressed in a traditionally Orthodox manner (long skirts, yarmulkes, etc.). How else can non-shomer-negiah folks know which people of the opposite sex are straight and single yet off-limits?

3 comments:

sternstadt said...

I would get that tee-shirt for the internal rhyme alone. Though I think I am actually not shomer negiah, judging from context.

Maman said...

here is a crazy question.... how did our good lord Jesus end up with a hole in his chest????

Dork 4 said...

Is it really that dangerous to run in the park at dusk? It's been a year since I spent most of my evenings at off-leash hours there, but I never saw anyone but other dogparents and joggers.
But really, just more evidence for my "concealed carry for all women and only women" democratic party revitalization plan.