Sunday, May 25, 2008

Considering the suburbs

The most disgusting thing that has ever happened to me on NYC (or any) public transportation just occurred. Do not read on if easily disgusted:

Jo and I noticed two seats available at the back of the bus. One of the people sitting next to these seats was a man who looked a bit filthy but nothing special. So we sat down, with me taking the seat next to this man. Right as we sat down, which was also right as the bus started up again, the man leaped out of his seat. It wasn't clear what the rush was, since we were still a ways from the next stop, but between his leaping and the bus suddenly moving, it was all too much, and he fell backwards into my lap. I felt something damp on my knee, and looked up and... it was the man. It did not rain today. Which was why I was wearing a dress in the first place. I will never, ever feel clean again.

No comments: