Sunday, November 26, 2006

WWPD: Worse and less stylish

"Long long a ago, in an almost forgotten time I was an overburdened student at the University of Chicago. When I wrote a piece about how difficult it was to remain a stylish student at an academically rigorous university a certain blogger named Phoebe Maltz took an inordinate amount of quotes out of context and said all sorts of humorous things about me on her blog. My friend James Liu decided that I should start my own blog to control my identity as I was supposedly a sort of better and more stylish version of Phoebe who James believed fancies herself both intellectual and stylish. What Phoebe actually thinks I can’t really say but the desire to sort of piss Phoebe off by starting a blog was actually a partial impetus behind the birth of Almost Girl. Can you imagine?" --Julie Fredrickson

I don't know what it means that Julie Fredrickson is a better and more stylish version of me, but it's good to know that I fancy myself both intellectual and stylish. I will have you know that, at this very moment, I am wearing (among other things!) black (or are they navy?) socks and Naot sandals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know you from adam but if you can refrain from constantly implying you're a genius -an annoyance to those who really are- you'll be a sight better than ole Julie. And if your boyfriend -unlike Julie's- doesn't chide visitors for their comeuppance in dressing above their "betters", then that's another factor in your favor. They are a construct.

Both of them need to be taken out behind the shed and switched.