Wednesday, November 01, 2006

(Further) Proof that Rufus=God

"I tried to dance Britney Spears. I guess I'm getting on in years."--Rufus Wainwright.

I'm fascinated by, yet too old for, facebook. This evening, intending to send my boyfriend an event I'd been invited to, I accidentally "shared" the event (hosted by someone from high school whom few of my other friends are likely to know) with the entirety of my facebook friendlist, if not--for all I know--with the entirety of facebook, using the "share" function which, it seems, I do not understand... I guess maybe the aforementioned party will now be especially well-attended? Oh dear.

"Men reading fashion magazines. Oh what a world it seems we live in. Straight men!"

At a recent French-IFS seminar, our guest speaker discussed the phenomenon of men reading women's magazines, but only in secret. I brought up the above lyric, seeing as it's highly relevant, and proves, perhaps, that metrosexuality has shaken this once-truism. And I'm almost positive Our Lord Wainwright wrote this lyric before the advent of metrosexuality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oy! Marty Markowitz. Hands off!