Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Make it stop!

Today after class, one of my classmates, who is always very cool and composed, heard me mention that I'm stressed about the impending homework marathon, and told me that I'm fed, well, and that there are bigger problems in the world. Point taken, but problems are relative, right? I have a sense that my classmate is onto something. That said, complain I must. If only this once.

I resolved a while back not to be one of those grad students who complain about undergrads. But the near-death, slight recovery, and now possible full-on demise of the Dell has left me in the computer lab, overhearing, despite headphones, a conversation about some girl who won't stop discussing "how big the monkey's penis is." Think that's conducive to writing an explication de texte on Apollinaire, huh? Well? Maybe these are grad students. Maybe they are professors. I can't resolve not to whine, but perhaps not to make assumptions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Après nos vacances actuels de Toussaint, je dois fournir un explication de texte sur Les Diaboliques de Barbey d'Auvervilly...j'en ai jamais fait en français avant et j'imagine que ça serait même plus chiant si ma précieuse Madame Dell était morte.. je me sens mal pour toi!

ponyboy said...

despite not being an undergrad, i can fully picture myself talking about monkey penises in public. then again, i am that grad student who still giggles at the word 'hermeneutic' and who did recently giggle at all the talk of 'putting-out' in those articles for gerson's class on wednesday...