Sunday, October 09, 2005

Online restaurant menus: Do we need them?

I'm not sure what I think about the (relatively) new development of restaurant menus being available online. It takes all the mystery out of dining out when you can not only read what the NYT and Village Voice critics thought of the place, but also decide precisely what you will order before even visiting the place. Reading this prior to heading to Cafe Steinhof meant that I'd decided on the cheese spaetzles well before reaching the restaurant. And they were some tasty cheese spaetzles, no doubt about it, but had I not had the chance to think about these spaetzles for so long beforehand, I might have decided on, I don't know, smoked trout with potato salad, in the heat of the moment. On second thought, perhaps it's not so bad that restaurant menus are now online.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

duuuuude menupages.com is the best website ever