Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Francophilic Zionism put to the test

I'm at the big gray thingy, trying to write an unspecified number of pages about French Zionism. I'm supposed to know about French Zionism, but at this particular moment all I know about is that I'm coming very near the end of my trans-fat-phobia, and am trying to decide which delicacy the vending machine on the A-level has in store for me ce soir. If I were Mireille Giuliano, you can bet I'd have a bite of whatever it was and then deem it unacceptable, but alas I'm not, so as soon as I mobilize myself, something chocolatey, of assembly-line origin, will be consumed in seconds flat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If I were Mireille Giuliano, you can bet I'd have a bite of whatever it was and then deem it unacceptable"

If you were Mireille Giuliano. you'd have packed a decent croissant and a couple of squares of dark chocolate in a chic bag.

But failing that, always go for the Twix. It's a Cookie AND a Candy Bar.

Anonymous said...

If you were MG, you'd have walked to the nearest green grocer and chosen a ripe pear and eaten it with a wedge of cheese. --JM

Phoebe Maltz Bovy said...

And yet, the vending machine was broken...

Anonymous said...

If you were Mireille Giuliano, you'd have had a crowbar handy to teach the vending machine who's boss.

---

So why hasn't Hollywood optioned her book to create a Mireille Giuliano superhero? ("Hasta la vista, bad croissant!")

Or failing that, where are the WWMGD buttons and T-shirts?