Tuesday, September 12, 2006

"Le Reg me manque."

At the dorm where UChicago students in Paris tended to stay, graffiti in the phone booth said the above. And I'm feeling it right now. Bobst is close but not quite. I kept nearly telling people I couldn't stay long at this event because I had to get back to the Reg, then reminded myself that the Reg is far, far away, in a land with much worse food, much worse winters, but a whole lot better places to be a bubble-residing graduate student. Not that it's that distracting that, between the department and the library, there are about 1,000 places to purchase leggings, the new "skinny" jeans, and skim cappuccinos, but you get the idea. That said, I'm reading up the wazoo, so if you never hear from me again, blame my irrational desire to get edumacated.

No comments: