Thursday, September 21, 2006

Le Reg me manque, trois

Just spent a good part of my lunch hours (grad school:1, real world:0) with a friend from class, trying in vain to find a spot to plug in his computer. Not only are books barely visible in Bobst, but outlets are few and far between. And not to be overly negative, but Mamoun's falafel was not all I expected it to be-- no better than Hyde Park's dreaded Nile-- although my classmates seemed to like it. Which makes me think the negativity has more to do with waking up and realizing that a) I have a cold, not a terrible one, but enough to make coffee sound unappealing, and b) I would thus have to explique Proust, in French, in a barely-caffeinated state. It went far better than I expected, by which I mean I didn't pass out midway through. I must give credit to Dean and Deluca, which has a 10% NYU student discount, not to mention amazing doughnuts and tea.

As I watched a crumb from my Doughnut mix with the Earl Grey, you'd better believe all kinds of things happened.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"And not to be overly negative, but Mamoun's falafel was not all I expected it to be"

A fair bit of the Joy of Mamoun's is the atmosphere rather than solely the food.

"As I watched a crumb from my Doughnut mix with the Earl Grey, you'd better believe all kinds of things happened."

Well, if you can manage that in a barely-caffinated state, you ought to reliably be a clever genius after a couple of lattes.

Phoebe Maltz Bovy said...

Lattes--too milky. Blech!

Anonymous said...

mmmmn. i want somw of that tea.