Monday, September 25, 2006

The "Hannah Arendt" backpack, only $34.99!

Tonight co-blogger Molly, non-blogger Alex and I briefly explored the area of town which I believe is called Green Witch Village. It's new to me, but it seems quite nice. We went to the Belgian Beer Bar on West 4th Street, where I had the smallest and most raspberry-flavored beer ever to exist, thus permitting further reading this evening. So very, very much to read. It's awesome! Next up, Sans-Culottes, which of course refers to those of us who have yet to find a suitable pair of the new gray "skinny jeans." I have a whole theory re: skinny jeans, but due to impending reading, I will just say that I find it odd that the GAP sells "Audrey Hepburn" pants. How are these things related? Because people are suggestible-- call pants "skinny" and people will buy them, even though every last person looks thinner in flared than tapered jeans. Suggest that a pair of pants have something to do with Audrey Hepburn, and, well, you get the idea. I'm already down for the skinny jeans, if only because they are of course this season's silhouette, but would also go for, say, a "Hannah Arendt" backpack, should such a thing exist...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I had the smallest and most raspberry-flavored beer ever to exist, thus permitting further reading this evening."

You're a perfect candidate for being a Campari and soda drinker.

Drinking one is like drinking half a beer. And it's damn yummy too.