Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Ye olde NYC real-estate fantasy

Today I saw my future house. It's the prettiest house on the prettiest block, well-situated in terms of buying cheese and accessories (and, really, what else is there?), and big enough to house the biggest, fluffiest dog(s) imaginable. It's near enough to some grittiness that it wouldn't be, say, $30 million, like those houses on 5th Avenue in Manhattan, but is right between Park Slope and Brooklyn Heights, meaning that the two spiffiest parts of Brooklyn are easily accessible.

Two problems with this house:

1) It appears to be inhabited.

2) I am at the point in my life when I still cannot quite believe I make enough to rent a barely-3-bedroom apartment on the edge of Park Slope with two roommates.

But mark my words, it will one day be mine.

No comments: