Sunday, September 08, 2013

"I Should Worry," Part II

The town sure did pick a wonderful moment to relocate the train station. Which would be kinda whatever if this were the sort of place where one can just walk or take transportation to it, but this requires driving. While the mechanics of driving a couple blocks further than before are not an issue, information on where or how to park in the temporary lot (as vs once everything's done) is non-existent. Biking would be possible, if hilly, but maybe I don't want to do that the day of my defense??? I drove over there today to see what's what, and it looks like you can just park, without paying or having a permit. There aren't meters or signs. But it's not and not going to be entirely clear. Perhaps, though, if I focus anxiety on the small but present chance of being towed on the day of my defense, rather than on worrying about the defense itself, this is a good thing?

5 comments:

Petey said...

"Perhaps, though, if I focus anxiety on the small but present chance of being towed on the day of my defense, rather than on worrying about the defense itself, this is a good thing?"

How 'bout worrying about the vanishingly small but still existent chance that you will become so utterly obsessed with the sentence...

There will be "kiss and ride" spaces located adjacent to the Wawa.

...that you will tragically repeat it over and over during your defense.

Petey said...

Or you could worry 'bout the vanishingly small but still existent chance that John Sexton will show up at your defense, and every time you get asked a question, Sexton will chime in with a folksy anecdote from his past and tragically filibuster all your response time...

Phoebe Maltz Bovy said...

That second comment is my favorite Petey quote yet.

Petey said...

Do remember: It. Could. Happen.

-----

"That second comment is my favorite Petey quote yet."

While I appreciate the appreciation, I can produce a wide variety of metrics to objectively prove that my response to Prudie's advice for an high-earning woman to automatically reject a non-career-track man with "What we have here is a need to re-define 'sponge-worthy'" was a far better comment...

Petey said...

Or you could worry 'bout the vanishingly small but still existent chance that you will become so hilariously obsessed with the Peak Gwyneth Videoclip that you simply forget to show up for your defense...