Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Where to take your neurotic date

Walking around today, I passed something I hadn't really noticed before: An Upper West Side restaurant called "Roth's." I don't think Philip is involved, though my mother did run into him in the same neighborhood. I'd like to think that the diners are all light-skinned African-American men passing for Jewish, very blond athletic Jewish men, half-Jewish daughters with psychological problems, and nebbishy men named Zuckerman, and that the waitresses would all be imported from Iowa, Nebraska, or similar.


Anonymous said...

And the waiters greet you with:
"And now vee perhaps can order?" or similar. -- JM

Aaron said...

just don't order the liver.

Anonymous said...

specials on the menu include frozen entrees made by the mother, alas no more--