Monday, October 20, 2008

Red state, blue state

-My defense of Heathen America is up at Culture11. Disclaimer: no, I do not think the "Red-Blue" divide fully describes life in this country. But, as with most 'constructions,' it gets at something not entirely untrue.

-In some universe, $27 for a main course counts as a "recession special."

-Alert the presses! I actually agree with a post at Phi Beta Cons.

-In light of William Kristol's hearty praise of Joe the Plumber, I hereby suggest we remove the column from Kristol (ahem) and give it to a regular Joe. We don't need Kristol's fancy Harvard-tainted musings anymore!

-Audrey's back. Or is she? Blogroll reinstatement depends on contribution to my procrastination, that is, on further posting. Those are the rules...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"In some universe, $27 for a main course counts as a "recession special."

That universe is called "blue America".

If you don't like it, go back to exurban Missouri. I hear the Applebee's there has a great early bird special at a very reasonable price.

Phoebe Maltz Bovy said...

I see the joke you're getting at, but... no. It's far more blue-state to enjoy obscure, inexpensive 'ethnic' food.