Sunday, April 23, 2006

How I spent my "spring break"

Just got back from the country. The country being Westchester, which is only the country if you've only ever lived in the city, and so, as I said, I just got back from the country. It's pretty there, and for somewhere so rural, it's remarkably near New York. I guess that's the point of suburbs. Yesterday, as part of my journey to worlds as-yet unknown, I went to Arthur Avenue in the Bronx. It's like Little Italy, only better, sort of like Flushing's Chinatown versus Lower Manhattan's. The Arthur Avenue Market is fantastic, and the new blog header comes from there. From one of those massive wheels of parmesan which, for whatever reason, was already stamped with my initials, before I'd even had a chance to claim it, if only in my imagination.

No comments: