Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Crash into me

I've inspired Amber to consider returning to her high school hair color. This somehow seems appropriate, since lately I've been feeling very, well, high school. This is not only because I am almost constantly spending time with at least one of three high-school classmates, or because I am once again commuting in NYC. It is also because my attempts to save money have included the resurrection of various items from high school. Rather than buy new stuff, I can go to my parents' place and reclaim things I'd forgotten I owned. This has led to all sorts of discoveries and incidents. A pair of ancient, formerly-velvet size-six pants from the GAP reveal that yesterday's six really is today's two. And a couple days ago, my roommates walked in on me... listening to Dave Matthews Band, right there in the living room. I mean, I'm not about to start buying new music, I'm getting a bit sick of the Magnetic Fields, and I'm too computer-illiterate and legalistic to attempt illegal downloading. I swear, it's not that I actually like Dave Matthews Band. OK, maybe just a little.

No comments: