Saturday, August 06, 2005

For Peet's sake

Today at City Bakery, my mother and I spotted either Amanda Peet or a woman who has the good fortune to look exactly like Amanda Peet. Peet or not, she was by far the best-looking woman I have ever seen (friends and family excepted, of course). I suppose what divides lesbians or bisexual women from straights is that seeing an attractive woman is a good thing, not merely a chance to feel immense envy. I wish I were just that much over on the great sexuality spectrum that I could feel something other than envy, but no such luck. Had it only been Peet's "She's the One" co-star Ed Burns...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've only ever seen two stars in the flesh. Uma Thurman looked much worse then she does in the movies. Brad Pitt looked even better then he does in the movies.

Anonymous said...

OK, I was there. It's true, next to Phoebe, Amanda Peet is the best-looking woman in the universe. However, I didn't feel lust OR envy because I'm 110 years old and was happy just to get some macaroni.
--Phoebe's mother