Sunday, October 10, 2004

Chafetz and Sullivan bring a wide audience to the right (if a bit too "right") way of looking at things, but might wimp out and vote Bush

Seems the estimable Josh Chafetz and Andrew Sullivan are thinking about the election in similar, though slightly more right-ish, ways as I am. I'm glad their line of thought is being brought to such a large readership, as I happen to share much of it... But I am voting for Kerry, and though I am neither a Rhodes Scholar nor a gay conservative icon, I urge you to do the same. You are exempt, however, if you are a) Canadian (as is some of my readership--don't smirk) or b) an actual, full-on, non-neo, unqualified conservative, in which case, screw gay marriage/civil unions, outlaw the Pill, and see if the next four years bring anything more ambiguous than our "success" in Iraq.

No comments: