Monday, December 31, 2012

2013 imminent

Oh, there are more, but here are some of the more important ones. OK, readers, hold me to this:

-Dissertation.

-Driver's license.

-Not quite so much pasta. Or at least whole wheat pasta. Something.

-Actually pitch articles, as opposed to blogging some idea, only to see that idea in print, three weeks or years later, written by somebody else. As in, aggressively, none of that 'but I emailed this one editor one time three years ago and never heard back.'

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Time flies on the internet but I feel like I've been trying to hold you to the driver's license thing for 5 years.

Phoebe Maltz Bovy said...

No great mystery - I tried learning, and failed miserably, several years ago, living in NYC and without access to any car. If I'd been trying consistently since then, I think I'd have been well-advised to give up.

Autumn Whitefield-Madrano said...

I'm not sure if I found your blog through The New Inquiry (in which case you probably know 'em), but I think your writing would be great there. They pay online rates, which is to say not much, but the fact that they pay at all is more than I can say for plenty of outlets.

Phoebe Maltz Bovy said...

Autumn,

Thanks for the suggestion! Expect an email...