Monday, June 07, 2004

School pride

As an avid Crescat reader and a former intern at the University of Chicago Magazine, the school's alumni magazine, I am obliged to point out that both David Brooks and Joseph Epstein, as of 11:19 pm Chicago time the subject of the 2 most recent Crescat posts, are both University of Chicago graduates.

I always enjoy reading about people who've attended the same schools that I have. This must be because it's quite the list. As WWPD readers well know, Gwyneth Paltrow and, if the Stuyvesant alumni association website is correct, Daniel Bell, are a Spence girl and a Stuyvesantian, respectively, the latter having taught at Chicago and the former having appeared in a movie shot on Chicago's campus.

The reason I find this interesting is that, if I play my cards right, my combination of degrees will lead to a career as a columnist-novelist-sex-symbol-sociologist. And who doesn't want to do something like that with his or her life?

2 comments:

Phoebe Maltz Bovy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

that isn't counting all the thousands of u of c graduates who end up working at the reg, no matter how hot some of them are.
good luck graduates!