Thursday, December 13, 2012

WWPD, feminist

OK, so this day had reached a bit of a low point - when I realized that I'd left my (old, utilitarian) scarf and (new, utilitarian) hat... somewhere. Checked the obvious places, but couldn't get back into my classroom because some other class was taking a test. It will likely be there or in the lost-and-found of that building, or, you know, it won't. Then spent ten years on a mix of subway, two NJ Transit trains, and the long-route shuttle, the one that picks up students from the local high school, which is also one of two options that link up to a train from New York. (The other is a later, similar roundabout involving a retired professor. Train schedule changed, shuttle powers-that-be not too concerned, but after tomorrow, this is not my problem.) Nothing terrible, just the kind of end-of-semester exhaustion where you catch yourself in the mirror and think you look not so much tired as already asleep.

But then I found this! I'm an official feminist (as opposed to what I'd been previously - a self-identified feminist), it's in The Economist (or some online version thereof) and everything! This makes me feel slightly better about the imminent, irrepressible, I-can-feel-NJ-Transit-itis-coming-on-if-I-don't-go-ahead-with-it late-afternoon nap.

3 comments:

caryatis said...

You're in the Economist! Wow.

Autumn Whitefield-Madrano said...

Congrats on the certification!

Phoebe Maltz Bovy said...

Caryatis, Autumn,

Not something I was remotely expecting. But cool all the same!