Thursday, December 04, 2008

It was bound to happen

In high school, I had a chemistry teacher 'of a certain age' who was a mutterer, a shirt-button-misser, and, crucially for this story, a donut eater. A tiny woman with what must have been an amazing metabolism. Or perhaps she kept her figure because a good part of the donuts she ate before/during class--at least the powder--ended up all over her mouth. It was hilarious.

This morning, I got a glazed donut before I taught. You can see where this is heading. Class was almost over when I realized that a bit of the glaze was still with me.

1 comment:

kei said...

This is the story of my life, even pre-teaching. But about a month ago, I had coffee during one of my discussion sections, and I made the mistake of keeping the lid open while I drank and taught. While talking about free will or Humean skepticism of induction or something, I realized that some of my hair was wet. Must be more careful with longer hair!