Thursday, December 11, 2008

Immense fame of diva-esque proportions

So after giving my students their last exam and meeting with a professor, I took my glamorous self out for a nice lunch, a $9.75, foot-and-a-half-long, delicious Italian sandwich that will also be dinner assuming it survives an afternoon (wrapped, of course) in my backpack. As I was getting up to go (I'd imagine, given the precedent, with food--quite possibly and embarrassingly arugula--all over my face) wielding a backpack of my own weight, a man waiting on line to order his sandwich asked me if I was Phoebe, and if I have a blog.

So, a shout-out to Andrew. Meanwhile, I now await the remaining 14 minutes and 30 seconds of my fame.

4 comments:

Nick said...

"on line"? "on line"?!?!

shame!

Phoebe Maltz Bovy said...

Standard New York English. Don't penalize me for using my native dialect.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know your 15 minutes of fame could be parceled out like that so you could enjoy it at regular intervals. I thought it had to all come at once and ruin everything.

arethusa said...

"On line" has spread to the Midwest now, actually.