Thursday, April 10, 2008

The search for origins

Suddenly, the trend I noticed, the black patent leather ballet flat, loses its mystery. The notion that we must. have. this. shoe. was set forth among New Yorkers on December 19, 2006, by a hypnotizing cabal known as New York Magazine. The Repetto flats pictured look fantastic, as well they should for $185. Let it be known that there are Repettos available in lower Manhattan for over $100 less than that, but not black patent leather ones. I know this because I have said discounted shoe in silver. The discount might be because there's a weird but tiny bump in the inner sole of one of them. But just as Paris was well worth a mass, fantastic French shoes are well worth a princess-and-pea situation.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I had just begun to lust after these, but now I feel like a sheep.

Phoebe Maltz Bovy said...

I wouldn't worry about it. They're neither black nor ballet flats.