Thursday, May 25, 2006

Looking back on years of geekdom

WWPD's two-year blogoversary is coming up, seeing as my first post was on May 29, 2004. Lest you think I was a "late adapter," I should point out that my first-ever blog post, period, seems to have been November 26, 2003, and had the computers at UChicago's Paris Center been a bit less tempermental that fall (the building was still under construction), it would have been a bit earlier still. My first blog-reading was even earlier, but unless the government kept records of my andrewsullivan.com and Oxblog reading as a very geeky, then-neoconservative-leaning UChicago first-year, precise dates for this are unknown.

3 comments:

Seth said...

Are Nick and Molly real people? And do they really write on this site?

Phoebe Maltz Bovy said...

Molly and Nick do indeed exist; both sporadically post on WWPD (read the archives for evidence), but it does seem that neither has in a while. Molly is my former UChicago roommate and fellow Chicago Maroon editor, and Nick, also from UChicago, was in my dorm first year. If they wish to resurface here and further explain who they are, they are free to do so.

Phoebe Maltz Bovy said...

I'm not ever sure I have the technological know-how to add OR remove people from this thing, but I'm fine with them remaining, if only as potential bloggers. They're good people!