Monday, April 18, 2005

My IQ falls with each passing minute

I see this headline and think, "Oh neat, there's a new pope, and he's black. Barriers are totally being broken these days!" And then I look more closely and that's not it at all. My fuzzy mind is just that much more progressive than the outside world...

I see this word on my Hebrew xeroxed worksheet and spend a really long time trying to sound it out (no vowels, argh). Korneflahkess? Korenahflahkhass? I look around and see that my table-mates are reading Kant and Weber. I look back at the page: Kvarnehplax?! And then I look at the word in context: Cornflakes. Oh dear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is what comes from huffing gasoline.

Anonymous said...

My friend took a Japanese history class once where he had to learn lots of Japanese names. At the end of the semester the prof handed out a sheet entitled "TAKEHOME EXAM", and at first he was all flustered as he sounded out the name in his head- Ta-kay-ho-may- and tried to remember which Japanese person or city was named Takehome.