Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Stuyvesant debate*

Over at The American Scene, fellow member of the greater Stuyvesantian community Reihan Salam discusses our email conversation about Americanness. I'd be happy to post my own emails on the matter if anyone's curious, but he sums up the discussion well, so read what he says, and you'll have a good sense of the debate.

*Not that I'm the world's greatest debater in print, but face to face, my debating skills are sort of pathetic. That's why, despite my love of a good argument, I was on the track team, not the debate team, way back when. As anyone who follows this link and has any familiarity with what these times mean will realize, I couldn't outrun you then, and, having not run regularly since 12th grade, I most definitely couldn't outrun you now...

2 comments:

Libby Pearson said...

Wow, you kicked Suzanne Grandt's AAAASSSSSSSS!

Phoebe Maltz Bovy said...

Sure looks like it.