Monday, February 07, 2005

Men are hotter than women

All this talk of who's funnier, men or women, has gotten me thinking: If what's really at stake is that men and women find different things funny, then I would not be doing anything different from Bell et al if I were to assert that men are hotter than women. I mean, that's just how it is. There is ample evidence of this, and I'm certain I could get many, including my co-bloggers, to back me up. And it ought to please men, who not only run the entertainment industry and political punditry, to know that they also have a monopoly on hotness. There's a Seinfeld episode in which Elaine claims that the naked female body is a work of art, and that men's bodies are just utilitarian. That, readers, is comedy meant for (straight, duh*) men, as it denies the indisputible fact of male superiority in the field of hotness.

*My reference to Seinfeld, along with my use of the word "duh," show my age. Argh!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rufus is not hot, but other examples of male hottness were pretty much right on.

Nick said...

wha..!?? who...!?? rufus not hot!? identify thyself, knave, so thou mayest be forced to recant one's untrue statements!

Anonymous said...

I am no knave but my name does begin with 'K'!!