Sunday, May 10, 2009

I'm in love

My eternal quest for the perfect dachshund, led me, indirectly, to the blog of a woman who appears to be an interior designer from the South, whose life is, as I imagine it, a real-life incarnation of the show I watched most during high school. But rather than having a pet pig, ala Suzanne Sugarbaker, she has the absolute cutest dachshund in the history of dachshunds. My escapist fantasy of the moment is that I am no longer a grad student living in a tiny Brooklyn apartment, but instead able to read and write about French Jews and whatnot from somewhere that looks exactly like this.

4 comments:

Nick said...

you can probbaly live like that in new york city.

...if you want to live in staten island. or outer queens.

Nick said...

also, what if that house doesn't have a dishwasher?

Daisy Cottage said...

ahhhh - YOU are so cute and I know Maggie will be so flattered!!!

xo,
Kim

Phoebe Maltz Bovy said...

Nick,

That would make teaching in the Village more difficult.

Kim,

Thanks so much for commenting!