Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Further thoughts on the behavior of Abs Millepied

Much is being made of the fact that Natalie 'stole' he of the French abs and endless legs away from a ballerina girlfriend with whom things were quite serious. Yeah, but not that serious, and I say this as someone at the abs-and-girlfriend life-stage, in other words as someone more inclined than most to think several years of cohabitation is different from several dates, even if both might confer "boyfriend" and "girlfriend" titles.

But that's the least of it. I mean, if you're going to be dumped, what reason, other than 'I'm actually of a sexual orientation that prevents this from working out', could be so not-insulting as 'I had a chance with Natalie Portman'? It's certainly better than 'I'm running off with a much younger version of you, while you're off bragging about being married to me on a Bravo reality show.' Or than being just run-of-the-mill rejected - for someone seemingly comparable, or for no one in particular, because alone is better than paired off with you. I mean, especially if you're a petite brunette of a certain type, you know any boyfriend or husband (probably girlfriend or wife too, but I'm not sure the appeal carries over) you'll ever have would pull a Millepied if his new co-worker were a leotard-wearing Natalie.

As far as I'm concerned, not knowing the couple or the particulars, the ballerina ex can hold her head high (metaphorically, that is - given her career, her posture is likely not a problem), and can comfort herself with the knowledge that she's better-positioned than most to find an equally ab-having replacement. (If she hasn't done so years ago - I feel like this is all old news that's come up again because of Natalie's Big Surprise.)

No comments: