Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sincerest form of flattery

Here's the deal with The Pants: I was at the Housing Works on Chambers, where I saw The Pants - perfect camel color, high-waisted, with a fabric belt. They did not remotely fit. My disappointment only increased when I saw a then-new Sartorialist shot (LINK FIXED!) featuring, if not The Pants, then a wider-legged version thereof. But then, excitement! A different Housing Works - on Crosby - had them in my size, and reduced! My mother thought it would be fun to take a photo of me from the same angle, which explains the image you see above. I've paired mine with ebay "Tokyo tortoise"-colored sunglasses, a Uniqlo shrug-sweater, The Bag (barely visible - same goes for the fabric-belt part of the pants, but trust me, it's there), black Kork-Ease platform sandals with Breton-striped HEMA socks (not visible), an NYU GSAS tote bag, and another bag full of tomatoes. Somehow I doubt if the Sartorialist lady's next stop was Dos Toros tacos, as was ours, but anything's possible.

No comments: