Friday, December 17, 2004

Friday night blogging

I'm cool like that.

Just got back from the Dissent holiday party. Good fun, no antlers, of course, but I can live with that.

I still feel too young to be attending office parties, but I nevertheless managed to avoid the cliched pitfalls. As far as I can remember, I didn't do the Elaine kicking-dance from Seinfeld, nor did I show up sporting an outfit that would put Christina Aguilera to shame. And I made it home alright, despite impractical (but cheap!) new boots from Aldo.

I also feel too young to attend anything where jeans are not the assumed uniform. A friend and I decided, a couple of years ago, that we've reached the point where we'd be best, aesthetically and maybe even professionally, to stop with the jeans, but I've stayed the course, and continue to sport denim. I'm trying to faze out jeans and wear my black pants more frequently, but it's a bit like giving up diet Coke--I almost get there, then realize, what harm is there in not getting there?--so the denim remains, much but not all of the time.