Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Six hours of Lucy!

I am happy to report that Will Baude has joined me in Brody-bashing. He makes a point of mentioning--twice--that he himself isn't much of a fan of TV. I, on the other hand...would finish this post, except I'm in the middle of watching "Seinfeld".

One of my favorite moments in "Seinfeld" occurs when Elaine, reading a TV Guide (all the reading material available at the Costanzas') on the subway back from Queens, encounters a man with a strange fixation on the Guide (and, subsequently, on Elaine). Looking at the Guide, he informs her: "On this particular Tuesday, you could have watched six hours of Lucy!" The man goes on to list all the Lucille Ball-centric programming that was on that particular Tuesday: "The Lucy Show", "I Love Lucy", etc.

(I'm tempted to write an email to Brody informing her that, on this particular Tuesday, she could be watching six hours of "Seinfeld.")

No comments: